User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: when recording

You've Earned a Custom Title! quicKstyle's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1

when recording

r u suppose to hold ur head up steadly and think about the vocals r just say them witout think anything
    MY MUSIC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hmmm....I dont exactly know what you're asking, but if I'm thinking correctly, just keep a decent distance from the mic and be comfortable. Don't move too much, as this will result in fucked up volume differences throughout the recording.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(You should all check this out)

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    where you intoxicated in anyway when you made this thread?

anyway

practice your verse till you know it back and forth that way its gonna come across a lot more confident/smoother.. if that is what you mean.. also stand upright, feel comfortable, record in the right mood and so on.. DO WHATEVER YOU NEED TO DO TO GET THE SOUND YOU WANT.. if that answers your question

^I hope so, that's the only excuse that could justify it...

(You should all check this out)

Enter At Your Own Risk Devastate Mindz's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-0
    Be sober too.. and dont smoke too much or you'll get cotton mouth... Stand up nice and tall, and spit with confidence

Originally Posted by Le Marv.
    no one cares about your votes

Front Lines isn't real you faggot, get over it.

You've Earned a Custom Title! quicKstyle's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1
    wut ya do when sumtimes u just cant get the flow goin it happens to me sumtimes i jus take a lil 30 min break then come bak does this happen to yall

and where should the mic be posshened
    MY MUSIC

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Quote Originally Posted by quicKstyle

ahahaha this mawfucka is drunk

anyway, when your mic is comin down from the mic stand put the tip of it to just about the level of your upper lip.. put the pop filter at about a fists width the mic... oh yea and i like to bend the mic towards the stand just a little so it picks up more volume that comes from the chest of an artist...

then again, your voice and mic is prolly different.. play around wit it & see how it sounds..

Enter At Your Own Risk Devastate Mindz's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Chopz
    ahahaha this mawfucka is drunk

anyway, when your mic is comin down from the mic stand put the tip of it to just about the level of your upper lip.. put the pop filter at about a fists width the mic... oh yea and i like to bend the mic towards the stand just a little so it picks up more volume that comes from the chest of an artist...

then again, your voice and mic is prolly different.. play around wit it & see how it sounds..
    I think I'll try that tilting the mic up towards the stand more myself, just to see if I can get a better sound

Originally Posted by Le Marv.
    no one cares about your votes

Front Lines isn't real you faggot, get over it.

Battle Record
    5-3
    Quote Originally Posted by quicKstyle
    wut ya do when sumtimes u just cant get the flow goin it happens to me sumtimes i jus take a lil 30 min break then come bak does this happen to yall

your honestly having problems that can only be fixed with time and practice.
    Welcome to reality.

I am me
    Freestyle for a while to the beat. Write down what you like. Then go back and rap the parts you wrote down. It will flow a lot better than just writing something and reading it while you record. Like the others said, don't move your head around much.

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins
    ^that's fucking stupid... if it doesn't flow when he frees it... it won't flow when he writes it dumbass...

What you need to do... is practice... You need to go to the tuturial section and study it... seriously. You don't know how to spit... this is what you're saying...

with your original question you're asking about delivery. with practice and knowing your verse and confidence that will come... don't force it... and with the flow... you can do a few different things...

you can... a shit load of punchins... or... work the verse so that it flows... either way... you need to learn how to do what you want to do...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

I am me
    Tell you what quickstyle, try what I said and if you don't sound better, never do it again. My flow improved 10 fold when I did this. I still sound like shit voice wise, but it made a world of difference.

Too many people write verses without ever hearing a beat, and even some write to a beat but don't really spit the verse until it's written. They try to fit the verse to the beat rather than coming up with something that flows to the beat. It makes a difference. Own the beat, don't let the beat own you. You can tell which emcees can do this well. Jay-Z is one of them. Eminem can, Sage does it better than most, so does Slug.

If you want to sound mechanistic, don't follow what I said at all. Go read some tutorials on how to write in polysylables and how to incorporate punch lines and use similies and metaphors (which most rappers don't know the difference between in the first place).
    Last edited by dren; July 14th, 2006 at 02:48 PM

Battle Record
    2-0
    Lmao @ you comparing him to people like Jay Z and Eminem. Dude, you are probably the most consistant dude who gives wrong advice on here.
    I got a buddy named drop dead Fred, He ain't really real, he my imaginary friend,
    My mama said that I shoulden't talk to him, Cause I look crazy when I start to fuck with him..

I am me
    You consistently do not understand or comprehend anything.

I didn't compare anybody to Jay-Z. I just listed a bunch of emcees who own beats and don't let the beat own them. Holy shit man...

And how is advice ever wrong? Advice is subjective.

My favorite color is blue. You want to tell me that I'm wrong?
    Last edited by dren; July 14th, 2006 at 02:51 PM

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by dren
    Tell you what quickstyle, try what I said and if you don't sound better, never do it again. My flow improved 10 fold when I did this. I still sound like shit voice wise, but it made a world of difference.

Too many people write verses without ever hearing a beat, and even some write to a beat but don't really spit the verse until it's written. They try to fit the verse to the beat rather than coming up with something that flows to the beat. It makes a difference. Own the beat, don't let the beat own you. You can tell which emcees can do this well. Jay-Z is one of them. Eminem can, Sage does it better than most, so does Slug.

If you want to sound mechanistic, don't follow what I said at all. Go read some tutorials on how to write in polysylables and how to incorporate punch lines and use similies and metaphors (which most rappers don't know the difference between in the first place).

I sound 183971234x's better than you... know that. However that isn't the problem... rather he writes it or frees it... it's him not knowing how to deliver... how to ride a beat... OR... how to flow... fuck... you are really the most horrible advice giver ever.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon