User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Next peace of gear?

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Next peace of gear?

Aite well this fireface/kiwi has gone way passed my expectations so far, and I still got the Robbie on the way. What would be my next component to invest in other than monitors? Be specific with examples please, i'm lookin at some nice compressors, gimme some suggestions on that. If you think I should get somethin else before a compressor lemme know... Really I just wanna know everything else I need other than an acoustically treated room and being a mastering engineer to get as close to studio quality as possible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Re: Next peace of gear?

you have a pop filter? I got one from sweetwater for $25, it's pretty decent...

studio quality depends on your mixing skills as well...so just practice working with your vocals

what studio monitors you looking at? I just got the ALP 5's...they was like $300 and are fucking great...
    إن شاء الله

God Willin'

ok.... now, someone who knows what the fuck there talking about please..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

you have the fireface so... great set of monitors... then a new pre.

maybe a great river pre... not really sure... that's a Kris question... but I'd say monitors and a pre.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Why a great river pre? I mean not that it wouldn't be a good addition, but since I have the robbie which is almost equal in cost, i'm look for some kind of signal processing component, maybe a nice compressor, eq, fx, I donno man i'm lost, I just wanna buy things that can be considered industry standard, whether I know how to use them or not. Like I said I want stuff a sound engineer mite have when they process or mix down there tracks. Thanks
    Last edited by JayFro407; May 6th, 2007 at 07:48 PM

Awards 25+ Wins

the robbie isn't that dope... from what I hear... people have bought it and then have gotten pres that were half the cost that sounded better...

all I'm saying is... with the equipment you have now work on mixing... or fuck..! I know what you should get if you don't have one... a mackie uni control and 2 extenders... then you should be good for a while.

resize your sig in the next 24 hours.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

Every review i've heard or read on the robbie was awesome. No negatives whatsoever. And a couple reviews I read said they used the kiwi on bizzy bone... lil bow wow... and nas. On blue's website someone posted the kiwi plus robbie was the best sound they've ever heard for vocals.. I'm just sayin when you say mixing, I consider compression...eq.. and all of the part of the mix, and i'm tired of using cheap ass free plug-ins i'm sure it would make a big ass difference it I got a couple nice outboard components to replace the bullshit free plug ins.

Awards 25+ Wins

I use nomad blue... waves ssl... so word... you should get those... that'd make a difference too...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by JayFro407 View Post
    ok.... now, someone who knows what the fuck there talking about please..
    lmao

what a bitch...was that really necessary? all I'm trying to do is help your sorry ass since your not man enough to make a decision by yourself...

who the fuck gassed you up? your buying all this expensive equipment for what exactly?...YOU SUCK AT RAP...I heard some of your tracks and god damn...work on your lyrics/delivery/and flow b4 you put yourself in debt on some studio equipment your clearly not ready for...and just for the record I've been doing audio alot longer than you and know what the fuck I'm talking about...don't make daddy come down there and put ya head on flat ya heard...

fuckin poser...
    Last edited by GeNeRaLvErSeZ; May 7th, 2007 at 03:38 AM
    إن شاء الله

God Willin'

Feel better now? Your seemin lost and confused as it is, so I got nuthin to say to ya considering you were so offended you had to write me a story. I'm using a 2000$ mic... 1000$ interface... And YOU recommend a pop filter... O or maybe some 300$ monitors.. Man, plz stfu. Your stupidity says enough

yup, I wrote you a novel, and here's another one... if you was someone with any kind of intellect you would know it's not about the price of equipment that determines the quality of it...2'gs for ya mic huh...did you know that it is that high because it's also meant for instrumental pick up as well as vocals...I spent 3g's myself into buying studio equipment and I also, have a blueberry microphone. it's in the manual dipshit... or are you that much of a wetback you havent figured out how to read yet?...you really need to get off ya high horse kid, you aint even half way decent at what you do... so I can't even take you serious...the only way you gonna make money is letting other niggas rip your studio cos you sure as hell can't get the job done ...if you think different then let's battle...oh I forgot, your too much of a bitch, yea...don't make dad tear you a new one. get outta here kid you fuckin disgust me.
    Last edited by GeNeRaLvErSeZ; May 7th, 2007 at 01:00 PM
    إن شاء الله

God Willin'

Battle Record
    5-3

you could always use some better A/D D/A...
    Apogee Rosetta 800

or some nice studio monitors
    ADAM A7s or Dynaudio BM5a's...

since your gettin the Robbie, you should be ok on the preamp side of things... it's not the best preamp out in that price range, but its nice still... you just need some compression to go along with it, but good compression is EXPENSIVE... just wanna let you know that before i recommend anything...

and please...
    NEVER make a purchase based off of who uses what, and testimonials on that are on the manufacturers site... or on the sales company's site.

look for some reviews around pro audio forums... see what the general concensus is of them... then try, if you can.. to test the equipment out yourself.

ESPECIALLY when you get in the thousand dollar range on equipment... those are investments.
    Welcome to reality.

Yea I got alot of input on harmony central... they convinced me the robbie was great also. what would you consider the cheapest "good" compression. And general, set it up mane. i'de rather battle grown folk but it's w/e
    Last edited by JayFro407; May 7th, 2007 at 03:52 PM

Battle Record
    5-3

Welcome to reality.

I'm a year older than you...

your the young boy here...don't get it twisted, daddy's gonna make the thread now.
    إن شاء الله

God Willin'