User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Contenders Match: Phalanx (4-0) vs. plethora (2-0) - PLETHORA WINS

Battle Record
    5-0

Contenders Match: Phalanx (4-0) vs. plethora (2-0) - PLETHORA WINS

Punches due Thursday
    Voting ends on Sunday

You know the rules, if not, refer to the rule thread.

@Phalanx @plethora

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    34-16
    Awards LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion GBL Season Champion Haymaker Maddnes Champion GBL Champion Cypher Winner FL Champion FL Tournament Winner

Re: Contenders Match: Phalanx (4-0) vs. plethora (2-0)

when Isaiah nigga get backhanded for talking slick, that's g code
    catch a closed fist from any Phal line like LeBron did after the free throw

You'll get the point... Phalanx's Avatar
    Battle Record
    19-1
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted Cypher Winner FL Champion

Re: Contenders Match: Phalanx (4-0) vs. plethora (2-0)

Quote Originally Posted by plethora
    who is Messiah? never heard of him
    You might not know Jesus til that piece is squeezin' in yo' face
    But I made you an appointment, he said he'll meet you at the gate

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

Re: Contenders Match: Phalanx (4-0) vs. plethora (2-0) - OPEN FOR VOTES

Ughhh two styles of punches I hate…gun/god punches and sports punches �� it’s a hard choice here. I think both of you had good wording and both came correct / both have some deserving undefeated records here…but damn I think I got Pleth winning this one with the smoother wording and more creative concept/nameplay.

Vote Plethora

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

I liked both but thought plethora had more sting and cool how he used both the first and last name as wordplay / nameplay in the separate lines

Vote plethora

You've Earned a Custom Title! King Dee Bee's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1

I think my mind is bothered by the "catch a close fist like LeBron did" part because Isaiah was the one to actually catch the closed fist...not Bron. But since I knew what you was going for and it's the first LeBron/Isaiah line I've seen I'll give it some current even credit.

As for the Jesus punch...I mean it was Ok and all but something felt too generic about it like it coulda got said to anybody. And the syllable to the rhyme scheme seems like it throws it off. I know it don't make sense without the word "you" but it would almost flow better if it was squeeze in yo face/ Meet at the gate. The meet 'you' part kinda makes it seem like it could rhyme better or something but Im not gonna hold that against you, it was a decent punch as a whole. My mind when looking at the till that piece squeeze in yo face make me think of different directions it coulda went, even maybe violently hitting the guy with his own Cross chain or something. I mean I liked the Idea but it kinda felt like something was missing to make it super dope.

At the end of the day guys, I'm sorry about the knit picking on both punchlines but at the end of the day I felt like Plethora had a little wittier attempt out of the two. Props to both you gentlemen tho because it wasn't an easy decision, I had to go back and forth with both but MVGT Plethora for the Fresh idea and hitting a Lil bit tad bit harder.

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Pleth a was slightly forced.. idk with my accent it’s a reach but worked. Current event to. Phal could have done something better with this just seemed a bit basic to me. Got plethora edging this

Battle Record
    5-0

Plethora - nice bar, I really fucked with it besides the isiah parr (was that wordplay? Because I was here whispering it to myself for about an hour and couldn’t figure it out). But the phal line lebron shit was fire af.

Phalanx - not bad here either but I felt it was lacking a bit in sting, seen your drop better ones these past few weeks.

Vote plethora

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

this was a super close one, i think you both matched each other in execution, i had no problem with the wording or anything. both hits as hard as the other, but i have to agree that plethora just has a bit more of a creative concept

v-plethora

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    14-41
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted SOTW

plethoras bar felt bit forced for me but phalanx dropped a light punch here.. so I'm going with plethora for creativity and better exec

Battle Record
    12-3
    Awards Cypher Winner Golden Glove Champion GBL Champion LLL Champion FL Tournament Winner FL Tag Champion FL Champion

This is tough for me.

I like a good sports bar but LBJ didn’t catch a closed fist so it makes the bar kinda ehhh

Phal went the personal route but the concept as a whole was alil bland for me.

Guess I’ll have to go w/ the lesser evil, pleths bar. Current and slightly more creative.

V. Pleth

Battle Record
    5-0

plethora Wins 8-0