User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: FL Tournament RD1 Completed + WEEKEND CYPHER

Stranger

FL Tournament RD1 Completed + WEEKEND CYPHER

RD2 will be up monday until then cypher it up.

Advanced To RD2

pleth
    zunto
    cody naash
    bahriman
    phalanx
    ryno

Stranger

Re: FL Tournament RD1 Completed + WEEKEND CYPHER

I shit the bed again, my punches miss like I miss titles.
    sheets are looking wores than diciples.

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Damn you.

Here was my vote that was just unceremoniously rejected.

I guess you thought your resurgence would generate a lot of chit chat bro.
    Now you regret unretiring, you’re about to ask a disciple for a lift back “home”.

- Smooth wording and the execution was felt.

If you had a super power, you would want the fucking ability to erase memory.
    I bodied him on the mic, proved Ph wasn’t on my level, this is basic chemistry.

- Quick deviation from the opener, this was pretty cool and inventive.

You tried to use gunplay on plethora, that just put your verse in a tough spot,
    His bar ended you, your bar was “hey I got a gun, the permits in the glove box!”

- My love for personals outweighs the statementish aspect of the bar. And it was comedic as well. Thoroughly put together.

You being a champ means nothing, it proved the mods are clutching at straws.
    No one fucked w/ the event you won, rb heads ignored it like their mother in laws.

- I liked the setup and the direction at first, however I thought "fucked w/ the event you won" wasn't a suitable misdirect to connect the punchline. Unless it was a personal that I missed or am unaware of. Specificity would of helped, like which events do mother in laws typically try to drag you into talking about, where some sort of prize is rewarded, like maybe a bingo hall outing or past beauty pageant she attended. What I'm saying is a subtle hint or two, would have helped establish an inner meaning along with the theme you were using.

Phalanx

Yesterday at 3:43 PM
    That line leaned me, tbh, Dia.

You said my bar leaned you,
    Thanks, bitch but I hope you phal back and shatter your skull on a glass frame.
    So what if you’re a former FL champion, the PPV going longer than your last reign.

- I didn't catch the reference here, normally I would Google it and do my best to fully appreciate the bar, but there are alot of battles you need me to vote on and I think we can both agree I've said too much already.

@Stranger aka Diasick aka Andy Barclay

You said go 10, chief..Soon as Andy Reid this? He knows its really a homi
    This will be the quickest body ever- Tyreek Hill as a zombie

- Well-rounded opener that was properly constructed. I'm not used to having a nameflip used so prematurely, but I understand it's placement was meant to accentuate the bar as a whole. It worked for me.

This fat guy biting Eminem? Ironic + a terrible choice!
    Obviously, Diaphony and that was him just channeling a parralel voice

- Enjoyed the bar, what I will say is that I'd reserve the nameflips strictly, in this regard, for his Andy Barclay and Stranger identities, as the name Diasick is way too familiar to me so the chance of somebody like me reading this and subsequently being turned off by the Dia nameflip is significantly higher.

Some worried about you w/ mod powers but nerds like you are the best type
    Of course he's qualified to admin, he's already did that w/ his sex life

- lmao, nothing overly complicated here, the simplicity proved favorable to you.

But the way you butchered the skins?..man Im tryna be real patient.
    So I still wish you well...I just prefer the one in buffalo bills basement..

- lmao, back to back comedy. This is how you regain interest level.

In the sniper blind since yesterday, soon as you step out, .50cal'll dent your face
    This one night stand lead to bullets hookin up w/ Stranger like a tinderdate

- I was invested up until the point you said "bullets hookin up w/ Stranger like a tinderdate". You properly aligned the direction of the bar it was just when you ended up going left by turning what appeared to be a potentially brutal bar into a misdirect that didn't quite do your setup justice. Don't get me wrong, I love combinations. I saw brutality, some humor, a nameplay and a simile. But it felt like you had two seperate bars and merged them into a single bar that would have been better off either one way or the other. Not both.

So I ended up with it being 3-3 even but what made the difference was Phalanx had two pretty funny bars in succession that kind of energized me when I've been up for way too long and I'm tired and easily agitated by the slightest trigger. I will also add that Phalanx demonstrated the ability to include many different combinations of text battling attributes that I look for when I'm critiquing a battle. Dia also managed to do the same but not as effectively, or should I see, consistently, as Phalanx did.

v - Phalanx

Stranger

yo @Phalanx why was your verse so trash, I let you win out of pitty.
    one minute you diss my looks, the next you tell me I'm pretty.

OoO

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    34-16
    Awards LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion GBL Season Champion Haymaker Maddnes Champion GBL Champion Cypher Winner FL Champion FL Tournament Winner

Just so mods know.. I don't participate in or vote on 3 way battles