Thread: Mimic - Boogie Man

Cosmic thought projection Mimic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    60-35
    Awards FL Tournament Winner 50+ Wins Haiku Champion LLL HOF
    Last edited by Mimic; February 25th, 2022 at 12:34 PM
    I make the type of pieces that make Jesus say God damn - Cole

Re: Mimic - Boogie Man

You already know what I think about this - I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s one of the best British hip hop songs I’ve heard in a very long time. The balance between sick, unhinged delivery and emotion is awesome. The singing is dope - the message is profound. The beat choice is great and Cryptic knocked the mix out the park. It’s art and I think a lot of people will relate and find comfort in your words and how you approach such a sadly taboo subject. The video is actually okay - I think the minimalistic vibe actually compliments the track - a couple typos and maybe misheard lyrics here and there but that’s me nitpicking as I’m a nerd. Let me know if you still want me to do something because I love this track!
    I love meaty dicks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bismillah-ir-Rahman

Greetings,

First, I agree with MCD about this being very well written, delivered and executed. You checked every box - singing lyrics production - all on point. Sadly I don't believe this subject is very taboo in the states. There are many people actually going through this, but there is almost a whole subgenre of emotionally entitled people that use suicide and depression as an identity to get attention or shock people.

Second, I am impressed with Cryptics mixing and engineering lately. He did an amazing job with the mix, just to reiterate what Ben said. Sorry MCD... My Bad! I have been very impressed with the networking skills, as well as the quality, that THEM has been producing. I wild out a lot but I see the real! At this point they can't be denied. But I digress. The quality of the mix is impressive.

Finally, keep this type of music coming. Our societies need to hear this. Also, you should let MCD make a lyric video to this or something new from his Visuals by THEM entity. Just a suggestion because your lyric video is good but it could be taken up a notch. This track deserves it. Thanks for sharing your art.

Bong, Bong
    Last edited by XV47; February 25th, 2022 at 07:12 PM

Beat is nice.. the singing is nice man.. dig it.. the delivery and emotion is great flow is dope.. lyrics are well written and there is some great imagery in there. I think the subject matter and content were handled very well and in a refreshing original way.

Cryptic did a great job on the mix as well. Lyric vid is okay it does add something to the visual but I agree, you should have MCD do one for you next time.

Great job, keep creating, loving the sounds!

Reflections is out now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Mimic, Im on my phone so can’t feed the way Id like but quick msg to say I thought that
    this was raw/real and so well done.

Battle Record
    60-35

appreciated guys

I don't usually like British songs, but this is fire no doubt. Love the adlib singing. Everything was great from the flow and delivery to the mixing ect.. Only thing I don't like is the negativity of it, but that's just me I ain't into no suicide mental health issues feel sorry for me crap, but you got mad talent and skills keep hustling homie hope to hear more from you on a more positive note!!
    P.H.P. Muzik

Battle Record
    0-1

Damn this is some different shit! UK vibes
    Love the delivery switches. Mad entertaining.

You remind me of if Eminem was born in Birmingham or something lol. The bridge singing is creepy as fuck, good shit.

Smoothe transitions throughout. That's always appreciated by my ears. You did a good job putting this together. Gotta say i don't have much critique to give on this one.

Keep em coming.

Battle Record
    60-35

Appreciated bro

Battle Record
    35-10
    Awards 25+ Wins

yo this shit here is tight as fuck. emotional banger. great flow and mic presence. solid. that part where you were running out of breath sounded intentional and dope as fuck. lyrically killing it. reminds me a lot of NF especially with the style of the song and the beat. how you crafted this together. great mix and mastering. ill probably bump this again! good stuff dudes. keep em coming.

Battle Record
    11-5

The energy from this is pretty amazing man. The mixing and vibe is superbly on point.

Emotional delivery ramping up through the verse adds so much character. The first verse was incredibly engrossing - lyrics that pulled you in, putting the listener in the room with the speaker.

The melodic hook is a fantastic touch that compliments the song immensely.

I felt the second verse lost a bit of its momentum, but the third verse pulls it together well. Like the speaker is exhausting. It was almost a little underwhelming considering how powerful the song started, but this a powerful listen either way.

Very polished, direct, and hits the emotions you were aiming for. Well done.

Keep dropping.

Social Media:

Steadily Lurking

Yo!!! This is fire!!! Wild boy!